Talk

Advanced search

Anyone like to guess how long this will take?

(9 Posts)
Nomorebear Mon 10-Feb-14 01:03:30

So, on ante-natal ward, I was only 1cm when examined. Contractions now about every 3 minutes or so. Midwife told me last week this baby was back to back. It's going to take ages isn't it?

stripeygreensocks Mon 10-Feb-14 01:07:22

Oh exciting. Is it your first? That will effect my guess grin

Nomorebear Mon 10-Feb-14 01:14:59

Nope, it's my second. But first ended up with emcs at 7cms.

cupcake78 Mon 10-Feb-14 01:15:46

Are you being induced? Is it your first? How strong are your contractions?

juniper44 Mon 10-Feb-14 01:17:59

When does your hospital recommend you go in? Mine was 3 in 10 minutes.

Are you sure baby is still back to back?

Nomorebear Mon 10-Feb-14 01:21:17

Told to come in as high risk due to previous csec. Not being induced. Just pacing the corridor. Pretty sure it hasn't shifted yet.

cupcake78 Mon 10-Feb-14 01:26:09

Ok I will start with 10 hrs! I hope its faster for you. Good luck.

juniper44 Mon 10-Feb-14 01:31:26

I had numerous midwives tell me I was fully engaged, and the obstetrician tell me I wasn't at all! MW also said my waters had broken, whilst OB said they hadn't.

I can't offer you any useful advice. The corridor of the hospital or home? Next time, I will go in with my first twinge and refuse to leave.

Labour is unpleasant. I wish you well. My DD is 4 months and it feels like it was yesterday.

cookiemonster5678 Mon 10-Feb-14 06:32:40

My baby was back to back, i stayed at home almost 24 hours dealing with contractions. I went in hospital because the pain of back labour was unbearable. I had to have emergency rotational forceps delivery because his head couldn't fit backwards! Whole labour lasted about 32 hours.
Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now