Talk

Advanced search

36 weeks contractions started then stopped. Any experience?

(5 Posts)
Ginplease Sun 09-Feb-14 17:28:03

Hi, I am 36 weeks 3 days. Last night I felt contractions and period type pains. Called the ward and they wanted me in. After an examination and monitoring they kept me in overnight. Contractions seemed to stop after about 10 hours of not really regular mild to medium strength tightenings from 5 mins apart to 20 mins apart. I was not dilated.

I think I may have had 4 further contractions throughout today with hours in between.

Does this mean early labour is on the cards or could I go full term? Has anyone got any experience of this? Thanks.

HypodeemicNerdle Sun 09-Feb-14 19:16:49

I have, at 39 weeks with my DS. Turned out to be a urinary tract infection, have they tested your wee? Only happened once, he stayed in till 41 weeks!

juniper44 Mon 10-Feb-14 01:20:49

I had contractions for weeks on end with my DD. When I went into labour, it came on pretty quickly. It went from 'ooh, that's a tad uncomfortable' to 'oh my god!' within half an hour. They want you to have 3 in 10 minutes, with each lasting a minute. It seems like torture.

Ginplease Mon 10-Feb-14 08:38:14

Thank you Hypo and Juniper. I am trying to get my head around a quick early birth being a possibility. My first was pretty quick too. Baby clothes are in the wash in preparation! Bet the baby will be late and I'll be contracting for weeks now!

Ginplease Mon 10-Feb-14 08:38:48

And thanks Hypo, they have tested urine and all came up fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now