Talk

Advanced search

Tens machine

(5 Posts)
MyFancyPants Sun 09-Feb-14 17:06:17

I'm tempted to hire a tens machine for labour, but I'm unsure whether its possible to attach it to yourself or whether you need some help?

Janek Sun 09-Feb-14 17:10:18

You need someone to help. Definitely. It needs to be in the right place to work, and the right place is your back!

SicknSpan Sun 09-Feb-14 19:14:40

I did mine with no probs. Just make sure you do it as soon as you know you're in labour (ie don't wait until you need pain relief, it's a prevention rather than cure thing)

The pads do go on your back but not too hard to do yourself page 11 here has a picture

Having said that it does depend on how flexible you're feeling- whilst I had no probs with ds1 or ds2, I'm 24 weeks with dc3 and I doubt very much whether I could do it now let alone full term! My muscles are totally buggered to be honest. Oh joy.

juniper44 Mon 10-Feb-14 01:23:11

I did mine too. My DP went back to bed it's fine, honest and I paced out kitchen. The TENS machine made a huge difference and I gave birth using it and gas.

It's probably easier to get someone else to do it, but there's no point doing it too early. By the time I needed it, I was pacing and wouldn't have stayed still for long enough to have someone else attach it.

BlueChampagne Mon 10-Feb-14 12:46:36

I did mine too but neither of my bumps were very big, and all out front.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now