Talk

Advanced search

Really worried

(3 Posts)
dessirie Sat 08-Feb-14 21:59:53

I gave birth just over a month ago. It was a forceps delivery and I had an episiotomy and had 3 stitches. Someone from my ante-natal classes gave birth after me, and had stitches, and says she feels back to normal now. I am still getting discomfort and have o sit on one bum cheek. It felt like I had a lump there, so I plucked up the courage to look down below. Two hings woried me. The first was that the stitches had disappeared but my skin looks puckered, like it has been sewn wrongly. It's exactly where I get the pain. And secondly, when I bent right over, it was like my vagina sucked up air! As I straightened up, the air was expelled. And when I pulled my vaginal lips apart I was shocked that I was open and could see something (cervix?) just inside the opening. No one told me anything about this type of thing before birth so I have no idea if this is normal. My Dr, who I trust, is away at the moment. I really don't want a locum examining me. I can never get through to my midwife. Can anyone tell me if this is normal? How long will it last? Is there risk of infection having an opening like that? I am worried sick, please help!

WeAreSix Sat 08-Feb-14 22:03:07

It sounds like you need to see your GP and be referred to gynaecology.

It's not right to be in pain like that. You could also have a prolapse. Is there another GP you would see while your Doctor is away?

Aberchips Tue 11-Feb-14 13:49:25

Do think you should go & see your GP as you shouldn't be in pain & depending on quite what you can see down there you may have a prolapse. However I have to warn you that had a forceps delivery first time round & ahem, (sorry if tmi) things have never been quite the same down there since blush. That's the joys of childbirth for you (& something they don't tell you at NCT classes wink)

Hope you manage to get some advice from your docs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now