Talk

Advanced search

Contractions still happening!

(2 Posts)
LSP1985 Fri 07-Feb-14 13:28:48

Don't know whether to post this in pregnancy or childbirth but will start here.

I'm 30+2 weeks. Have been having contractions since 27 weeks. Consultant said they are fine as my cervix is not dilating and after monitoring me over night sent me home 2 weeks ago and said to come back if they get any worse. These contractions have been anything between 15 minutes apart to 3 minutes apart. They are not Braxton hicks but they are by no means intense labour contractions (this is my second DC). I've been losing my mucus plug for about 4 weeks and had some very dark brown spotting a few days ago which I was told was normal.
My problem is that because the contractions are so persistent I'm finding it difficult to tell whether they are getting worse as it is so gradual. I have had 2 'labour like' contractions since Wednesday that were significantly horrific but then back to the usual cramps. I've been in and out of L&D so many times and I'm sick of them and they are sick of me. Plus finding childcare for my DS while I go in is so tricky.

I'm just not sure what significant changes mean. Should I wait till the contractions become regularly unbearable?

I wish someone could just check my cervix quickly and say 'no you are not dilating, stop being a wimp'.

Plus baby is all of a sudden much less active but I'm putting this down to size. I'm still getting kicks but as of yesterday has slowed down a lot.

Pregnancy first time was so much easier. When I had a problem I could just go and sort it out!

Feeling confused and quite tearful. 😞 help

bonzo77 Fri 07-Feb-14 13:35:55

If your baby's movements have reduced you go straight in. My last pregnancy had me in and out of hospital constantly. I kept a bag packed of stuff to entertain ds1 to take with. Once I was there I'd call around and get someone to collec t him if possible. He was only 2 at the time. It wasn't easy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now