Talk

Advanced search

VBAC

(4 Posts)
curstaidh21 Mon 03-Feb-14 21:10:45

I had an emergency section with my first, elective section with my second and wondered if anyone attempted VBAC for their third and was it successful? Bit terrified at the thought as first labour was horrific but elective section was fantastic.

oscarwilde Thu 06-Feb-14 10:48:21

Planned an elective for my second (emcs with first) but ended up with VBAC due to speed of labour. My advice would be to stick with what you know. I couldn't sit down comfortably for 12 weeks.

AJH2007 Thu 06-Feb-14 11:47:35

My hospital will allow VBAC for second child but once you've had two sections it's no longer an option (I guess you could insist but they say after 2 sections the risk of scar rupture is significant).

HappyAsEyeAm Thu 06-Feb-14 11:54:45

Not my third (I don't have a third), but my second.

I had an EMCS due to failure to progress and slowing foetus heartbeat with my first. Attempted a VBAC with my second, and was contracting 'like a demon' according to my midwife, with contractions 4 minutes apart, and long and strong, for 5 hours. But I didn't progress at all in that time, and was 4 cm on first examination, and still 4 cm after 5 hours of strong and regular contractions. Baby had turned its head and got stuck, so I had a second EMCS.

Obstetrician told me not to even attempt a vaginal birth with any third that I might have, and to insist on an ELCS.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now