Talk

Advanced search

Piles warning tmi?!

(21 Posts)
rach6122 Mon 03-Feb-14 19:25:48

Gave birth ten days ago. I had a small pile after was given some anusol at the hospital, was nervous about first bm but was fine and was fine first few days at home. However I haven't gone for a few days now and I really need to but when I sit on the loo all that comes out are piles, medium in size, the poo doesn't come out at all. Dh thinks it will eventually just drop out, us this true or do I need to get to a doctors? I've really tried. Thanks

stressbucket1 Mon 03-Feb-14 19:54:11

I would either go to gp or walk in centre. A few days is quite a while you might need a laxative to help you go. Alternatively you could try prune juice that is a natural laxative.

FairyTrain Mon 03-Feb-14 20:06:22

Fibrogel available from all chemists....take one in evening and another first thing in the morning, will not get rid of piles but will make you regular wink

rach6122 Mon 03-Feb-14 20:10:11

Thanks guys, but won't that just help future bms, I'm thinking the current one just won't come out and a laxative wouldn't do anything to that one is that correct?! I wonder if I should keep pushing or wait it out

mayhew Mon 03-Feb-14 20:37:34

Ok graphic advice here from a midwife. You need something to act locally to make that poo come out . Two choices that have to be poked up your bum! They act locally to make the rectum expel its contents, both can be bought at a pharmacy. Use haemorrhoid cream liberally before and after.

: a glycerin suppository, like a jelly baby. Lubricate and push up as high as you can with your finger
: a mini enema like micro lax. Has a nozzle that allows you to squirt a dessert spoon of liquid in the right direction.

5 to 10 minutes later..........relief.

rach6122 Mon 03-Feb-14 20:44:24

Thanks v much... So will these just do the job for me?! As in I won't have to do anything it will just come?

mayhew Tue 04-Feb-14 08:45:34

Indeed.

rach6122 Tue 04-Feb-14 19:53:10

Mayhew thanks suppository worked like a charm!

mayhew Wed 05-Feb-14 19:57:13

Yes, i'm well known for promoting the low tech wonder that is the glycerin suppository………

Everyone should have a pack in the bathroom cabinet IMO.

BartBaby Wed 05-Feb-14 21:56:05

Do you just get them from the chemist?

rach6122 Wed 05-Feb-14 22:38:22

I tried to buy them from boots but as breast feeding they wouldn't give them to me. So went to gp for prescription. Cant believe how well and quickly it worked!

BartBaby Thu 06-Feb-14 09:09:09

So you can still have them if breast feeding? I'm going to stock up in preperation!

mayhew Thu 06-Feb-14 10:17:48

It is absolutely ridiculous not to let people have them. They have no systemic effects and we use them often in maternity care for our poor suffering clients.

They're about £2 a packet and you can often get them in supermarkets. Especially useful for cs people where the post op pain relief can bung you up!

rach6122 Fri 07-Feb-14 09:26:19

Yep gp said fine with breatfeeding

zebbidy Fri 07-Feb-14 12:57:55

Put pressure onto the piles when you go, using toilet roll or a sanitary towel. This might mean opening your bum a bit with your other hand to get to them. Also apply vaseline in and around the area . Tmi sorry but it really helped me to get that first one out ( on christmas day! i was pretty miserable) It does hurt but it needs to come out. I too thought it would just come out but it only gets harder the longer it's left. After you've gone then eat baked beans! Half a can a day will work until you have healed , they worked wonders for me ! Hope you feel better soon.

Tranquilitybaby Sat 08-Feb-14 07:46:53

Highly recommend Movicol too, it's a softener rather than a harsh laxative.

LoveBeingCantThinkOfAName Sat 08-Feb-14 07:49:51

My mw gave me one to keep just incase as my painkillers are know to cause constipation. Are you taking anything op? Remember to drink lots especially as you are bf

mummytobejuly2014 Sat 08-Feb-14 17:54:29

are piles pretty much guaranteed after a normal birth?

Izzyalex Sat 08-Feb-14 17:59:57

Mmm I got them with my first (natural delivery and 2nd degree tear) and they never really went away properly sorry! Gonna have to get them sorted after this one is born - yuck!

rach6122 Sat 08-Feb-14 22:44:39

I got them with first (natural birth no teArs) and I guess they reappeared this time. Didn't have any problems in between births though

BartBaby Sun 09-Feb-14 11:10:40

I got them after my first (forceps, cut and tearing). Had a few problems during this pregnancy but nothing major. Fully expecting them to make a nasty reappearance after dc2's birth in april. I'm more scared of this than the tearing etc!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now