Talk

Advanced search

Lochia stopped weeks ago but just restarted

(9 Posts)
gill948 Thu 30-Jan-14 17:37:46

My wee boy is nearly 8 weeks old. My lochia stopped after about 4 weeks but has restarted yesterday after I did a wee bit exercise/stretching (have had sex in last four weeks with no problems or restart). Is this normal? If this has happened to anyone how long did the bleeding last for? Thanks.

TheNightIsDark Thu 30-Jan-14 17:39:23

Errr possibly a period.

gill948 Thu 30-Jan-14 17:46:11

I did think that but not had any normal symptoms (cramping, headaches etc).

gill948 Fri 31-Jan-14 11:47:03

It's now stopped again. Must have been the exercise causing it to restart temporarily (2 days) but all clear again.

MrsCDNinUK Sat 01-Feb-14 16:24:42

I've had that happen before with both babies (c-sections for both). An extra strenuous activity seems to be able to bring it on for me. Just when you think you're getting back to normal...

gill948 Sat 01-Feb-14 17:24:09

Exactly. Thought I was all clear to try and get back to normal but obviously I'll have to take it easy again. Oh well, exercise can wait.

gill948 Sat 01-Feb-14 17:24:35

And yes it was a c-section too.

Chunderella Tue 04-Feb-14 20:25:09

I had something similar, lochea stopped then had a small, short, symptom free bleed about 3 weeks later. GP said it was probably a period. This was a vaginal birth though, I don't know how much difference that makes.

JoinYourPlayfellows Tue 04-Feb-14 20:30:36

I have always had my first period after about 8 weeks.

And it takes months for them to return to normal. They are irregular, symptom-free (I'm guessing hormonal cycle not returned to normal), shorter.

After sections too.

I would guess period.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now