Talk

Advanced search

Placenta encapsulation anyone?

(7 Posts)
littleraysofsunshine Thu 23-Jan-14 20:53:10

Do they offer this on the nhs?

ThereIsNoEleventeen Fri 24-Jan-14 16:50:46

No, they won't do, as far as I know there is no official conclusive 'proof' of the benefits...not that that really matters if you want to have it done (and know people who have had it done and noticed a really good recovery rate pp compared to their previous births).

Are you thinking of having it done?

There was a thread about it a while a go, I will see if I can find a link.

ThereIsNoEleventeen Fri 24-Jan-14 16:52:46

here

CuriousAlmostDad Sat 07-Jan-17 18:02:25

Sorry, not a mum, but..

I couldn't see any posts of people actually having done this themselves. My wife and I are considering it and it would be great to hear from anyone who had a good experience and can recommend a provider in London.

We're a bit worried about the seeming "backyard operator" nature of some of the providers. Are there any professional (procedural, experienced etc) operators out there, whose hygiene standards we can trust?

MOIST Sat 07-Jan-17 18:07:13

Zombie thread but look at the Placenta Remedies Network website. Lots of info.

placentaremediesnetwork.org/

CastleFeck Sun 08-Jan-17 15:15:17

There was a documentary about this recently and the conclusion was you'd be better off having a steak!

chelle85 Sat 14-Jan-17 08:05:26

Yes I saw that documentary too. The heat processing thst is used to dry out the placenta for encapsulating basically killed off most of tge potential nutrient benefits

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now