Talk

Advanced search

39 + 5 weeks -- NO sign of labour ! Lets have a moan !

(12 Posts)
molly2014 Tue 21-Jan-14 15:44:27

39+5 weeks, Cant sleep , going for a wee nearly a dozen times a night, constant heartburn and sour taste in mouth, really uncomfortable and yet no sign of contractions, no show, no waters leaking , NOTHING ! Really getting fed up now. Anyone else feeling the SAME?

I hate it when people tell you to 'make the most of it'.

'make the most of it!' what exactly? Swollen limbs? Being out of breath ? heartburn? Looking like the back of a bus? Anxiety over every little twinge! Never sleeping! Crying over RSPCA adverts.
And people bizarrely keep telling you how hard it will be when baby is finally here.

I'm at the end of my tether and the fuse is running short! Feel like swearing really loudly!!! :-)

MurtleTheTurtle Tue 21-Jan-14 19:21:27

I'm 40+2 and I feel the same! Loads of painful Braxton hicks and a bit of a clear show over the past 3 days but no actual signs of labour. This Is dc4 and the last 2 were 10 and 15 days overdue so I really can't get my hopes up that it will happen at any moment.

It hurts to walk with pressure low down, heartburn is awful, I'm also peeing constantly and I've developed insomnia, I am very grumpy!

Fingers crossed things happen soon for you smile

ChristineDaae Wed 22-Jan-14 12:43:14

I'm in! 39+5 with a very big baby. Midwife tried sweep today and couldn't reach. Not sleeping due to PGP and struggling to walk/move/do anything! Late pregnancy sucksconfused

islasmummy2013 Wed 22-Jan-14 13:26:22

Im 39+2 and feel the same!! I just want my baby out now, I can put up with sleepless nights if it means I can be comfortable for once!

JBurge Wed 22-Jan-14 21:35:00

I'm only 38 weeks with DC2 but I'm already totally fed up! I'm having constant BHs which are really strong, and uncomfortable! Had to have baby turned by ECV last week which was horrible, and I am struggling to walk. Just had a lovely bath which felt so good whilst I was in it, but as soon as I got out the BHs started again and everything went tense! Grrrr

islasmummy2013 Sat 25-Jan-14 22:10:30

Anyone had their baby yet?

JBurge Wed 29-Jan-14 22:14:29

This thread's gone very quiet! Presume nothing happening for anyone? I'm 39 weeks today, had sex with husband this afternoon, pineapple smoothy at breakfast, bounced about on birthball a lot today and had a glass of red wine with dinner. Still nothing happening. I realise I still have a week to go, but my DS was born on his due date so I had hoped this one might be early. Getting quite fed up already!!

ras105 Mon 03-Feb-14 15:10:41

I'm just boooored! 39 +4 weeks and I know I haven't even reached the due date yet but I'm bored already! I'm having a great pregnancy so I'm only suffering with insomia, and apart from that I feel completely normal. I guess that means he's not low enough yet.

I feel really guilty - like I'm taking a cheeky sick day off work! Am I just meant to / allowed to watch TV all day?!? Surely there's something else I should be doing...? Please tell me what I've forgotten to do!

minipie Mon 03-Feb-14 15:26:29

If it helps any of you... from my own observations I think overdue babies are often the easiest newborns! So there is a silver lining...

Tinkerbellefairy Mon 03-Feb-14 15:40:50

Can I join too? Due tomorrow but no signs of that happening! Have tries bouncing on ball, hot curries, pressure points, DTD but nothing. Last mw appointment was told baby was only on the 'brim' of engaging so not convinced he's even engaged yet. Could I still spontaneously go into labour anyway? Last few days have had some mild period like cramps but just never amounts to anything. Just really want to meet my baby now!

ras105 Mon 10-Feb-14 14:30:52

Still waiting sad 5 days past due date now.

luckiestgirlintheworld Tue 11-Feb-14 12:54:46

Yep, 6 days overdue and still no signs whatsoever. Got a sweep this afternoon so we'll see if that does anything.

Anyone had theirs yet?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now