Heading towads pre-eclampsia would I be mad to ask/demand/beg for induction(12 Posts)
Sorry you are feeling so bad. This must be so scary for you yet also you must be so fed up. I was induced with one of mine due to PE. In your position I would really push for an induction, although it must be so confusing if you are also being told your BP is not stable enough.
I am surprised they can be so sure it's not PE given your history of PE. Do you not have any protein anymore?
So have been in hospital since monday- bp went up to 185/110 and doc said right an induction now- only for consultant to come swooping in - no she's too unstable- she'd fit or worse:
Basically am on beta blockers and have been sent home to have a sleep ( not sleeping on the ante natal ward) and am about to go back in as medication has brought me down to mild hypertension so will see what they say:
Basically my consultant said inducing you or c sectioning you there and then when baby was fine could have led to me dead- ( little shudder) ironically had I had pre eclampsia the cure would have been delivery but as its just plain ol crazy chronic hypertension they had to stabilise me-
So I am stable so am hoping for it all to get going- its like being told you need a gastric band fitting but you're too obese for the surgery-
very scary but am grateful they waited but feel very fed up - although 12 babies born while I was milling around the ante natal ward so that was lovely
need loads and loads [wine[
I have had PET with both my pregnancies induced at 37 with DS1 and 38 weeks with DD both because of restricted growth. DS was born quite quick I went from 4cm to 10cm in a matter of hours so no need for synocotocin drip or epidural. Based on your info Id be suprised if they didnt induce
I know feeling rather fed up PET is so scary- well off I go and I shall keep you updated- always amazes me how many have issues with BP, PET etc.
Pistillate- I think the fear of having a surprise 3rd and having health issues made me try and be as healthy as possible -
Thank you my dears and will update soon x x x
Well done for keeping everything so healthy up til now! Sounds like you have done brilliantly.
I am surprised they sent you home if you have all those indicators, really. I'm sure they will induce you as soon as they have a slot available...
They will prob decide to induce you anyway.
I've had PET on two pregnancies, it's pretty scary.
Just don't take no for an answer.
Best of luck. X
They induced me at 38.1, In fairly similar circumstances. Make sure they monitor you closely I got beyond 7cm before they would check me! Good luck
Thank you guys went in again for a check and even the midwife said they won't let you go on as my BP was very raised yesterday will keep you updated - thanks guys x x x
With your history, it is not at all unreasonable to ask for induction. Your body is giving off distress signals that you have noted.
A woman who has perviously laboured well and had vaginal births, usually responds quickly to induction, especially where there is raised blood pressure.
Of course you can ask them to induce you, if they were mentioning induction anyway and it sounds like there's a real risk of pre-eclampsia so at 39 weeks they may well have that in mind, particularly with the protein appearing.
Please let us know how you get on - and if your worried camp out there, don't let them fob you off :-)
Sorry meant to say they were mentioning induction due to reduced movements and then suddenly today within the space of 24 hrs protein appeared in my urine and suddenly doc said I need to come in tomorrow am and monday -
Hi everyone - will try and not be too long-
Basically with DC1 I had pre-eclampsia and with DC2 i had border line hypertension which was monitored ets ets. DC1 was born at 38 weeks and DC2 40 + 4 with monitoring - both naturally although DC1 was a ventouse and had horrendous fetal distress etc and spent time in NICU. DC2 more controlled epidurals and spinal again naturally but much better-
This is my 3rd pregnancy ( I fell pregnant on the coil) I am 39 weeks today
Spent the past 2 days in Day Unit- my Bp has been rising ( but again it then lowers etc) swollen face, feet, protein urine, high bp and seeing silver dots.
I really want this to be over the headaches alone can leave me incapacitated with the need to just lie and hang my head over the bed or tie a scarf really tight over my head to relieve the pressure.
Am on bed rest and have to go in tomorrow for a check- The Registra in Day Unit said today we need to see you ( on sat am) and if I don't go into labour monday morning for a check, BP assessment and a review with discussion of induction- I am more than fine with this.
The children will be in wrap around care on monday from 8-6pm at school BF club/ nursery etc as we have no family nearby/
When I go in on monday morning do you think I could just say can you just get me going I am not bothered about the cascade of intervention -
It is in my notes for an epidural because of my BP and the need to keep it closely guarded what I am more scared of is this was by far the healthiest of all my pregnancies ironically - weight wise, had to have a GTT and glucose lowest- swimming and walking and my BP had been brilliant but suddenly I am almost back again with my 1st DC when it all just went so wrong with the BP, his fetal distress him in NICU and me in and out of hospital for nearly 2 weeks.
Can I just say please induce me- i've never had it done so don't know what to expect
Sorry this is so long if I don't respond straight away am just having a lie down but want to say thank you for any words of advice.
Join the discussion
Please login first.