Talk

Advanced search

Which is better: resting & cake or walking & housework...

(16 Posts)
CitizenOscar Tue 02-Jul-13 19:48:50

...for encouraging labour to start? Just idly wondering as I wait for things to get moving...

(please say cake grin)

Drhamsterstortoise Tue 02-Jul-13 20:37:47

Yeah I did the resting and cake thing for both my pregnancies and two labours were fine!Made a curry the night before the last one though...don't know if it was just coincidence!

Drhamsterstortoise Tue 02-Jul-13 20:38:05

Yeah I did the resting and cake thing for both my pregnancies and two labours were fine!Made a curry the night before the last one though...don't know if it was just coincidence!

Indith Tue 02-Jul-13 20:39:53

well I have 3 children who all appear to gave vacated my uterus so I say cake all the way.

blueberryboybait Tue 02-Jul-13 20:44:28

Go for the cake, you don't want to tire yourself out before labour!

Ezza1 Tue 02-Jul-13 21:19:21

Walk to the shop to get the cake. Rest sprawled on the sofa to eat cake. Sweep up crumbs whenever.

All bases covered.

WhispersOfWickedness Tue 02-Jul-13 21:22:00

Definitely cake grin Especially if it's your first, you might not get another chance for a reeeeeaaaallllly long time grin

CitizenOscar Tue 02-Jul-13 21:35:31

Phew. Cake it is. Not my first just getting impatient! grin

Anyone else think "nesting" is a conspiracy to encourage women to do extra housework before they're busy with a newborn?

WhispersOfWickedness Tue 02-Jul-13 22:10:42

Yup, I didn't get any nesting instincts, just an irresistible urge to wallow on the sofa and eat crap grin

Good luck for the birth smile

LouiseD29 Wed 03-Jul-13 07:03:58

I'm nearly 35 weeks and getting a strong urge for my DH to do lots of housework. Do you think that counts as nesting?

Good luck, OP. Go for the cake!

Jollyb Wed 03-Jul-13 08:34:45

Both!

Chesterado Wed 03-Jul-13 09:32:06

Resting and cake! I'm now overdue and had a mad cleaning spree and long walk yesterday. Still no baby but I was so sore last night DH practically had to winch me off the sofa up the stairs and into bed.

CitizenOscar Wed 03-Jul-13 13:51:42

Louise - that sounds like my kind of nesting!

Might get DH to make muffins with DS this afternoon, then I can "test" them later, after a rest....

pocopearl Wed 03-Jul-13 18:19:41

walking to the kitchen to get cake... pref cheesecake. Am now sending my DH to go buy me cheesecake. OP go with cake

violetta555 Wed 03-Jul-13 20:14:41

Before reading the post I thought the title referred to recovery from childbirth! Had to have a little sit down...

NB, resting and cake are ace for recovering from birth too grin

CitizenOscar Wed 03-Jul-13 20:22:39

Oh no violetta, there will be no post-birth housework on my part, I can assure you!

Not much rest available with an energetic two year old around but did manage a muffin (or two) today.

Very glad to see a consensus for cake. Sometimes I just see lots of people talking about scrubbing floors to bring on labour etc, and I just think that's not for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now