Talk

Advanced search

Post birth (stitches) bath.

(6 Posts)
KnittedC Tue 25-Jun-13 20:36:05

Lavender essential oil in an eggcup of milk, as mentioned above, is the way to go.

When my midwife was telling me about it I nodded along in a post-birth haze before thinking "hang on, what kind of milk? I'll never be able to express a whole egg cup of colostrum!". Luckily I checked with her and she confirmed it was cows milk grin

Wolfiefan Tue 25-Jun-13 20:23:36

Lavender and tea tree. Only a couple of drops each I think. I used it from the day after birth and it really helped. I think the advice might be to avoid artificial bubbly type baths in case they bring on thrush? Ouch!

karinmaria Tue 25-Jun-13 20:21:01

In another week or two try a bath gelee called Badedas. Midwife recommended it along with lavender for healing. It smells amazing so was a luxurious 20 minutes every day when I was recovering from stitches!

FatimaLovesBread Tue 25-Jun-13 20:14:24

If you add the lavender to an egg cup full of milk and then pour that in the bath it helps the lavender disperse better.

StainlessSteelCat Tue 25-Jun-13 20:11:26

lavender essential oil - just a few drops, it's supposed to promote healing. I found that having 2 shallow, hot baths daily with it in helped. I was following midwife advice.

curlyclaz13 Tue 25-Jun-13 19:48:54

I would love a nice bath with something nice in it but was told at the hospital (stiches following episiotomy ) just use plain water. It will be two weeks tomorrow so when can I have a proper bath ? I have been given some new mum stuff with arnica and am hoping it will help.
I have showered everyday !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now