Talk

Advanced search

Got questions about giving birth? Know what to expect and when to expect it, with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

2nd induction labour fears

(2 Posts)
bojangles Thu 01-Jun-06 11:26:52

I am an occasional poster and have been getting myself very worked up about the imminent induction of my second pregnancy. I am 36+1 and have type 1 diabetes. I was induced at 36 +4 with DD (now 2) becuase I had pre eclampsia - I am still traumatised by her birth whcih resulted in failed ventouse, forceps, espisiotomy and a susbtantial pph requiring a blood transfusion. I thought I had accepted that I could cope with a similar delivery again but now I am staring it in the face I am running cold with fear.

I have just spent a short spell in hosiptal with a nasty kidney infection (actually weeing blood) which started contractions off on Sat night - this was enough of a taster of the 'real thing' to worry me. The infection is settling down but now they are worried that I am becoming pre eclampsic again as I am swelling up and my BP is raised - I had protein at the weekend but that could be due to the infection. I am back at pregnancy day care tomorrow for further monitoring and to see the consultant. I hate the waiting game with pre eclampsia guess I just want to be told that we will induce you on x day. They won't let me go past 39 weeks in any event because of the diabetes.

I guess this is just more of a ramble really in the hope for some positive stories about second time inductions.

MaryBS Tue 06-Jun-06 08:00:52

I was induced at 37 weeks and had a terrible time, just couldn't get going, even breaking the waters didnt work! My DD went all sleepy on me and I was rushed into a bigger room so they could get more Drs round me. I pushed for AGES, they threatened ventouse/forceps, but managed to get her out in the end, although I tore. Second time around it was a LOT easier, at 36 weeks, induction went a lot smoother, DS was out in 2 pushes, no tears. (I had OC both times, hence the inductions)

Does that help

I hope it all goes well for you, I'll be thinking of you.....

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: