Talk

Advanced search

Got questions about giving birth? Know what to expect and when to expect it, with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Vertical uterine tear during emcs......

(4 Posts)
SilverBirdie Tue 18-Jun-13 19:32:05

Posting here as well as chat for traffic...
During emcs with Ds in 2010 my uterus tore vertically so I have a sort of t junction internal scar.
Dc2 is due in a month and I just can't decide elcs or vbac though was only informed of this additional scarring today when seeing consultant.
Should I be more worried about it rupturing during labour than if it was a just a classic horizontal scar? This bump is measuring oversize and Ds was 9lbs 7oz with 99th percentile head circumference.
Any advice is hugely appreciated!!

GingerJulep Tue 18-Jun-13 19:49:21

What does your consultant recommend? Did they have time to talk you through your notes in full?

Has he/she spoken to the one who did the previous op?

If I was in your position I'd be wanting to have a quiet think about this, write down a LOT or questions and then book to see consultant again and get them to both talk you through previous notes and answer all your qs

Good luck

SilverBirdie Tue 18-Jun-13 20:15:19

Consultant pretty much told us he couldn't recommend either way so agreed to squeeze us in next week as we couldn't decided on the spot today.
I laboured quickly with Ds until he hit a brick wall at 10cms due to being back to back. That gives me hope that if I opted vbac it could be fairly speedy but then she is expected to be big and I'm pretty slim... A mw who saw my notes last month told me there was a suggestion in them that I had Cephlopelvic Disproportion (small pelvis/big baby) but the consultant denied any mention of it and said it was an old wives tale anyway confused
I do feel this consultant is anti elcs although was happy for me to opt for one.

LadyMedea Tue 18-Jun-13 22:25:10

I'm quite surprised that you aren't recommend a elcs. I'm very pro vbac but if I was in your situation I wouldn't hesitate and go for the elcs. Uterine ruptur is always a risk for a vbac, having a double scar and a big baby would scare the bejesus out of me.

Go back with lots of questions and get them to properly talk you through the risks either way.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: