Talk

Advanced search

Got questions about giving birth? Know what to expect and when to expect it, with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Contractions for 18 hours...

(2 Posts)
WinkyGirl Fri 26-May-06 20:39:52

I have been having regular contractions since 2am (its now 8.30pm) A midwife examined me after 12 hours of steadily increasing contractions and I was not dilating significantly (still in latent phase?)

Since then I have been having contractions every 6 minutes. They are just over 1 minute in length and getting stronger. I am not meant to be going into hospital until they are 3 mins apart and 1.5 minutes long.

Please can someone out there reassure me that it wont be long now? Or if I continue for hours more at this speed/regularity will the hospital help bring on the labour?

MerlinsBeard Fri 26-May-06 20:41:57

Just to tell you, i woke in the middle of the night with really intense cointractions that lasted for a bout 5 mins but was having large breaks in between, ignored MWs advice to stay home and went to hosp, DS2 was bron an hour later

U could always ring delivery suite

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: