Talk

Advanced search

Sick birthing partner... eek!

(4 Posts)
drcharliegirl Tue 28-May-13 16:31:00

So today I am 40+4. I have been willing on delivery prior to induction planned for end of the week.

Now DH has come down with some bug or other and is shaking and shivering in bed.

1st baby. Super anxious. What on earth do I do with him if I go into labour????

rowrowrowtheboat Tue 28-May-13 16:40:22

Get a friend to be standby driver and to hand hold in hospital. You'd be surprised who would like to be present for the birth of a baby but would never tell ou for fear of lokinglike they are hinting. You can be clear on where you want them to be, if and when they sould leave, and share your right plan. Your mum? A friend?

Probably, baby went come until he is recovering, but you will feel better having a plan b!

Oh, and leave a jug of water and some graph the side of the bed for DH, just don't Let him tell you he suffered more!

rowrowrowtheboat Tue 28-May-13 16:40:33

Grapes, it graph!

OdaBear Wed 29-May-13 06:54:40

My husband had a very bad cold, bordering on flu (he did have a temp with rigors) while I was in labour with our first child. I was attempting a home birth, and at one point we all (midwives and I) told him to go and have a sleep, as it was the middle of the night and he looked thoroughly rotten. He managed to drive me to the hospital (meconium in waters) and was there for the entire labour - although he did need to call my mum towards the end as he was struggling. I do remember being worried about how he was feeling, and thankfully the midwives looked after us both. This story probably doesn't help your situation, but it isn't an impossible situation having a sick partner. Do have a back-up partner if you really think he won't cope. And good luck with your first baby! Enjoy everything - even the crying - as they don't stay teeny tiny for long x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now