Talk

Advanced search

Labour/not labour: DC2

(4 Posts)
dizzy77 Mon 27-May-13 10:04:28

Feeling a bit of a wally frankly. Have been having contractions since about 6pm yesterday and whilst they were frequent (up to every 3 mins), they didn't seem that strong. Have been to delivery suite and triaged twice in the night and last given option to go home at about 4.30am at 3cm to try to get some sleep.

Was having medium contractions in bed quite shortly spaced (wasn't carefully timing as trying to rest) and now they seem to have spaced right out again (10m, still not terribly strong). Didn't get any sleep either.

Natural delivery at term last time. Baby moving around and I'm 38+4. Was presenting spine to spine at some point during the examinations but was squirming a lot earlier.

DS (2yo) is already with the GPs and I'm feeling slightly bad & that this could go on for days. Anyone else experienced this? Or could offer succour of another sort? Have been in and out of bath and on the paracetamol. The pads on the tens machine has broken.

quoteunquote Mon 27-May-13 15:55:16

have you had it yet?

dizzy77 Mon 27-May-13 16:30:25

Nope. Still nothing doing. In fact, feeling better than I have for weeks. Just picked up DS from GP's so Sod's law means something will happen tonight. Spoke to midwives who said "it happens, keep an eye on movements but otherwise don't worry too much".

quoteunquote Mon 27-May-13 16:33:15

Don't let the GP go anywhere, as usually it get going quite fast when you have had a warm up.

good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now