Talk

Advanced search

Obstetrics appointment about shoulder dystocia what can I expect?

(5 Posts)
NeedSomeSun142 Tue 21-May-13 13:05:21

Can any one offer some insight as to what will happen at this appointment?

Daughter born shoulder dystocia, it's quite a blur really and can't remember what happened as I was induced 42 weeks had every pain relieve they offered, including epidural thank god, had 3rd degree tear. But I do remember it was very scary having all doctors and midwives running into room, partner could not cut the cord as she had to be rushed of to have oxygen and it felt like ages before I heard her cry.

Now I am pregnant with my second and have been referred for this appointment, has anyone else been in this situation, as I am quite worried now it will happen again, as midwife has said this baby will be bigger.

Sorry it's so long!

NeedSomeSun142 Tue 21-May-13 15:43:00

Anyone?sad

GingerJulep Tue 21-May-13 22:22:53

Not sure what would happen by default but... this appointment is your chance to ask questions! If I was you I'd take a list of things you'd like to know about last time/things that might happen this time and make sure you ask about any concerns or confusions you have. It can be hard to remember what you wanted to ask in an appointment sometimes.

NeedSomeSun142 Wed 22-May-13 05:09:23

Thank you that is a good idea thanks

megsmouse Sat 25-May-13 21:13:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now