Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommend a contraction timer app for iphone?

(11 Posts)
learnermummy Mon 20-May-13 09:21:23

That's it really. Have found a few on the app store, some free, some paid for. Anyone any experience with one?

NewlywedUpTheDuff Mon 20-May-13 09:39:55

I used one, it was just called contraction timer and I found it really useful to tell me how often I was having them and how long they lasted. Mine was free, but definitely made it easier for my DH to help me and not get confused with his watch and keeping a record - the app records all contractions for you in a history. So would recommend it smile

learnermummy Mon 20-May-13 10:02:28

Thanks will give that a try.

BusyBee86 Mon 20-May-13 13:21:43

I used contraction master and it was brilliant

Audrey2013 Tue 21-May-13 12:13:09

Haha, this is great! Downloaded one already...

Just wondering are there any other useful apps for pregnancy/labour?

flowers

learnermummy Tue 21-May-13 14:07:32

Have seen a baby feeding app Audrey that says it's recommended by NHS midwives - ibaby feed timer. Haven't used or downloaded it yet though.

BlueChampagne Thu 23-May-13 11:31:52

Blimey I was too busy using my TENS machine to time contractions.

IfIonlyhadsomesleep Thu 23-May-13 22:05:16

The app I used was free, but tbh I ended up recording some phenomenally long contractions because once one had passed I forgot to press stop so it kept recording. In the very early stages I had a three hour "contraction" (wasn't in labour really) because I'd gone back to sleep.

oscarwilde Wed 29-May-13 16:07:56

I used Babybump. The midwives looked most bemused when I turned up with hours and hours of records for them to examine grin
Two lessons I learned -
1) it's a sure fire way to exhaust your phone battery in the hours before you go to hospital/or the battery will crash when you are mid contraction, in the bath and your partner has gone for a lie-down while you labour in the dead of night he was irritating the hell out of me so I sent him for a snooze DON'T GET IN THE BATH WITHOUT PUTTING THE PHONE ON MAINS POWER AND RUNNING AN EXTENSION CORD INTO THE BATH. FIND A SUITABLE SURFACE TO PUT IT ON SO YOU DON'T KEEP DROPPING IT ON THE FLOOR WITH WET HANDS
2) As and when you have DC2, or change the phone, you will lose all your records. The app doesn't back up as far as I can work out.

oscarwilde Wed 29-May-13 16:08:30

Bathroom - run extension cord into the bathroom not bath blush

atrcts Sat 01-Jun-13 08:00:07

"full term" is an app that is free and simple to use, and allows you to email your record to yourself if you want to.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now