Talk

Advanced search

24 hours since show and no contractions

(7 Posts)
NotjustaMummy Thu 02-May-13 05:28:10

Last time around I had my show, then within 12 hours had my baby! I had my show 24 hours ago and still nothing this time around. Generally the bump is less active this time around, but I'm not sure if I should worry? Any advice?

bootsycollins Thu 02-May-13 05:36:40

Morning love, with both my babies I had a show a whole week before they arrived, my second baby was a few oz smaller than my first but was also less active towards the end than my first.

I remember having to record 10 movements a day towards the end of my pregnancy with my second and that scared me. I don't think you should be worrying but the staff at hospital won't mind you ringing them anytime for advice. Why not give labour ward a call to put your mind at rest?. When are you due?

alwayslateforwork Thu 02-May-13 05:39:31

Two weeks between my show with ds1 and going into labour (he was dc2)

That said, you should get reduced / no movement checked. But don't worry about the show/ no labour. That's entirely normal. V common for it to be days or weeks later.

NotjustaMummy Thu 02-May-13 05:43:32

I'm 39+4, so virtually due, but good to know its not uncommon to have a big gap. Thanks! Really wish I would go into labour properly though!

bootsycollins Thu 02-May-13 05:52:42

Exciting! Are you up for the day now? Just keep pottering about, it's a good time to do your big food shop smile

phantomhairpuller Thu 02-May-13 06:18:39

I've had countless shows over the past fortnight, each time I get my hopes up wink
Same as OP, with DS1 it was a matter of hours after show that I went into labour.
Not with this one it seems, being induced today grin

NotjustaMummy Thu 02-May-13 16:35:08

Things finally moving along albeit at a snails pace! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now