Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else feel like this in the run up to labour?

(6 Posts)
Marzipanface Wed 01-May-13 19:18:03

I am 40 weeks and I don't know if I am going a bit hormonal and nuts but in the last three days I have gone from feeling very energetic and chipper to feeling cranky, and full of PMT. I just want to be alone or at least just with my DH and little DD. I feel terrible during the day, spaced out, irritable, close to tears and I know I look it as well! The sunlight and noise is getting to me. I just want to close the curtains and snuggle down somewhere calm and peaceful.

Anyone else recognise these feelings?

I can't bear social engagements so am cancelling any invites, I can't bear the fact the neighbours kids keep knocking on the door asking to play with DD despite me telling them it's not a good time, and I have been putting off visitors but now my mum has informed me she will be down at the weekend. The thought of it is making me feel panicky and v upset as she is lovely but requires a lot of work and practically and emotionally is not that helpful. In fact I think I may post another thread regarding the 'mum' factor if that's ok.

Has anyone felt like this before they gave birth? I have noticed I feel better in the eve and at night, plus have had a few minor shows which all happen at night. I don't feel 'right' - close to tears, strung out and just want to be on my own.

RooneyMara Wed 01-May-13 19:19:34

You poor love. That's all I can say, no real advice but is there any way your DH can protect you a bit - he should be telling people to leave you alone. You are nesting xx

RooneyMara Wed 01-May-13 19:20:31

this is a bit how I felt AFTER giving birth tbh but I can quite imagine it happening before as well esp if you have had a show...that sounds like it's pretty imminent.

Whatalotofpiffle Wed 01-May-13 20:08:48

I cancelled Christmas as a result of feeling like that!

Practisingparent Wed 01-May-13 21:10:33

Im 41 weeks today and have been feeling exactly the same since my due date came and went. Im glad Im not the only one! I have avoided all social functions and been very teary. Iv noticed a pattern tho, I will have a bad day when I feel Im not coping well with dd, lethargic and hormonal, followed by a better day when I feel more positive. Hang in there, we will both get through it!

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Thu 02-May-13 10:16:35

Hi marzi that sounds v v familiar. I didnt even want to go to mils house 5mins up the road. But also didnt want to be alone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now