Talk

Advanced search

Caring for toddler after c section

(2 Posts)
Caterpillar0 Wed 01-May-13 14:27:46

I'm shortly to have a c section and concerned about looking after my 16 month old after it.

How long before I can pick him up? To put him in the buggy and cot for example
(I'll have help for a bit but not long - prob 3 weeks)

In fact any advice on juggling a newborn and 16 m old would be much appreciated!

sianilovesbeingamummy Wed 01-May-13 23:32:29

Go with the flow and listen to your body. Did you have a section with your first? I am having my section in 5 days time and like you i have a toddler too, he is just coming upto 18months now..... my Mum is having him whilst i am in hospital having my little girl and then once discharged i will be at home with my other half for a week..... after this i am on my own again!!!!!! The only thing i have been doing is getting my toddler to realise that Mummy can't pick him up, although he has developed an understanding of this i do worry that after 4days away from me he is going to become a little clingy and want more cuddles... will have to see what happens..... i remember from my first section that getting out of bed and up from sitting on the couch were a struggle for at least the first week... i would have thought after 3weeks you would be able to do most things again, i hope i can after 10days,lol.... best of luck xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now