Talk

Advanced search

Anyone had an induction for dc3 after two normal births due to baby measuring small?

(7 Posts)
thedevilisinthedetail Mon 29-Apr-13 20:10:32

Baby doesn't move much so I was sent for a scan at 24 Weeks. I'm 34 Weeks now and since then baby has measured under the 10th percentile. Due to this they want to induce me early. Problem is all the stories I've heard induction takes days and with no one to look after children for extended periods and over night except dh I'm a bit worried.

If they want to induce me at 39 Weeks can I ask for it to be earlier as I have someone who can come and stay the weekend before? Would be 38+4. Does it make a huge difference. Also don't want to be a pain and to seem too demanding just worried what will do with the children. Both other births stayed at home add long as possible and was in and out of hospital quite quickly!

milk Tue 30-Apr-13 12:18:01

I was induced with DC2 (39+6) as it seemed I had pre-eclampsia. They broke my waters at 18:00 on the Wednesday, then I gave birth at 02:00 on Thursday, then was released at 16:00.

This all sounds very reasonable, until you hear I was admitted to hospital on Monday to be induced but they could only induce me on Wednesday because there was no room on the labour ward angry Sleeping there waiting to be induced was horrible sad I missed DS1 so much I cried myself to sleep each night sad

milk Tue 30-Apr-13 12:18:15

DC2 was a boy smile

Artichook Tue 30-Apr-13 12:26:52

I think they are pretty resistant to induction before 39 weeks unless its medically necessary. There's increasing evidence that babies between 37-38 weeks have more problems than 39+. However maybe they will be flexible by a day or two. You can only ask!

I had a long and intervention filled induction with DC1 but am looking at another induction for DC3 and am hoping it will be much quicker as my body knows what to do now. I think you can often skip the pessaries stage by DC3 as you are likely to be dilated enough for them to go straight to breaking your water.

thedevilisinthedetail Tue 30-Apr-13 14:05:52

Thank you for your replies! Yes the waiting around bit sounds so rubbish. Glad once it started though it was quite quick!

I've done a little reading and 39+ they really do seem happier with. Will see what they say on Thursday! Artichook when is your dc3 due?

Artichook Tue 30-Apr-13 14:15:01

My DC3 is due in just under 3 weeks Devil but I'm booked for induction at 39 weeks due to high BP and the opposite problem to you, my baby is measuring very large! Good luck with your next appointment and the birth.

thedevilisinthedetail Thu 02-May-13 17:34:12

Saw another doctor today and she said as baby is growing she wouldn't suggest inducing till 41 Weeks. The other says 39 Weeks still. So confused! Just want everything to be ok and be inhospital as little as possible. I wish they would make up there mind but it almost seems like it's over to me to decide...

Don't know what to do.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now