Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Stitches HELP!

(4 Posts)
MrsEddChina Mon 29-Apr-13 10:27:32

I'm 5 weeks postpartum today. I had a second degree internal tear. I thought my stitches would have dissolved by now, and I have just got the guts to have a feel inside and I can feel the stitches!

Are they supposed to still be there, do internal ones take longer to dissolve? It's freaked me right out and I'm worried I will never be able to have sex again!

CallTheDoula Mon 29-Apr-13 12:44:31

Hello, If you're not in discomfort with them and there's no unpleasant smell (which would indicate infection) then relax. Presumably you have your 6 week check coming up where the stitches will be checked properly and you can voice any concerns. If it turns out there's a problem, that can be sorted out - no need to suffer in silence or have your sex life affected.
:-)

MrsEddChina Mon 29-Apr-13 13:24:28

Thanks, I just figured they should have gone by now so was a bit shocked to feel them all! There's no pain or anything apart from if i do too much, then it feels like my insides might drop out! but I'm still bleeding slightly so still don't feel 'right' down there. Hopefully the doctor will check them out properly then as no one has since I had them done.

ImNotCute Mon 29-Apr-13 13:32:19

I had stitches for a 3rd degree tear, I think mine took quite a while to fully dissolve. I don't remember how long but it was definitely several weeks, don't worry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now