Talk

Advanced search

Looking for a doula in West Sussex

(6 Posts)
carynh Fri 26-Apr-13 14:03:08

My first experience of childbirth is the stuff nightmares are made of. I think I want a home birth again, but definitely want a doula with me this time. Can anyone recommend a fantastic, calm doula? I live in Crawley.

dinkystinky Fri 26-Apr-13 14:12:02

Have you been on doula.org - it should list Doulas in the area and then you can get in touch, or post on here using a name to see if anyone has used that doula. May be the best way to go about it. I too had a shocker of a first birth - second one was lovely (and am now pregnant with no 3). I recommend hypnobirthing to help close off your memories of the first birth - helped me massively.

Shylepite Fri 26-Apr-13 14:42:42

Look on doula UK, I found a fab doula on there smile

GingerDoodle Fri 26-Apr-13 21:45:21

My hypnobirthing teacher Naomi Newland will be able to recommend one. I don't think she does it herself as she has children now but is brilliant. I am based in Crawley too x.

CallTheDoula Mon 29-Apr-13 12:53:16

Hello, Go to Doula UK's 'find a doula' section, type in your postcode and you can then see doula's near you and most have websites that you can then look at. I'd recommend meeting with about 3 doulas, with your partner there too as it's really important that you all 'click'. Also, you can ask to speak to previous clients too to see what they say about the doula in question. These initial meetings are free with no obligation and it would be worth thinking about what you actually want from a doula and having questions written down - both you and your partner. Hope that helps

ExBrightonBell Mon 29-Apr-13 20:26:01

My doula was Laureen Eaton who was based in Horsham but now is nearer to Crawley, IIRC. She was brill! Her website is www.doulacare.net/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now