Talk

Advanced search

How did you feel one week post c-section?

(8 Posts)

I had an EMCS last Saturday late night, came out of hospital Tuesday evening. Have been taking it easy, getting lots of rest, sleeping in the day etc and am lucky to have family nearby who are helping with ds1 a lot. But today I have been feeling like I'm coming down with the flu or something, quite achy and a mild headache after my nap this morning. Also feeling really crampy even when not bfeeding. Am I just tired after a weekend of a few guests or is it something else? Midwife next due out to see me on Wednesday. Just expected to feel better each day not worse. at least my hormones seemed to have settled down, haven't cried for a typos reason for at least a day now

Bump

louloutheshamed Mon 22-Apr-13 19:51:19

Congratulations?

Any chance you have mastitis? That can cause flue like symptoms?

cocoplops Mon 22-Apr-13 19:56:35

Could be tiredness - I get like that when really tired. But tbh sounds more like it could be something your midwife needs to have a look at - before next wed. I had a wound infection and that felt really burny - friend of mine had a womb infection and think that was flu-ey feeling (although that was whilst in hospital). Have you got a temp? Could be you've been doing too much though - maybe good nights rest (errrr....whilst looking after newborn!!!) and see how you are tomorrow morning?

WildThongIWannaKnowForSure Mon 22-Apr-13 20:01:03

Keep an eye on your wound - mine got infected and feeling flu-ey was a symptom.

Hamnvik Mon 22-Apr-13 20:01:07

I had an infection which showed up on day four after my section I felt a bit fluey and shivery. Have you got a temperature? I would maybe speak to your midwife and get a blood test just incase.

Oh hadn't thought of mastitis, but boobs don't feel sore? Will try and rest it out over night and tomorrow, midwife is coming this Wednesday but could always call and ask her to come tomorrow if i don't feel better in the morning. Am starting to feel chilly now too hmm

Thanks for replying, I can't remember half of the baby stuff from last time, and always seems quicker to post on here than to look it up....

LittleAbruzzenBear Mon 22-Apr-13 20:09:58

Check with your MW about your wound because like others have said, it could be an infection. It happened to me the first time and I suddenly was freezing cold, but sweating buckets (it was a hot day). The out of hours gp came to see me and gave me medication there and then because he was so concerned. Turned out I had an internal wound infection.

Hope you're ok. flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now