Talk

Advanced search

Are all TENS machines the same?

(9 Posts)
Liveinthepresent Mon 22-Apr-13 17:46:10

Used one with DC1 and it literally got me through my labour...
So do I need to go back to the same company now that i am planning for birth of DC2 - or are they all exactly the same and it doesn't matter?

HadALittleFaithBaby Mon 22-Apr-13 18:18:58

I think there are variations, you just need to make sure it's safe for use in pregnancy. Mine really helped too!

alienbanana Mon 22-Apr-13 18:21:52

The ones you can get in pharmacy's aren't suitable - they're more for things like back pain.

The pregnancy ones might differ slightly, different settings etc, but they all basically do the same job.

madamecake Mon 22-Apr-13 18:23:52

I hope they are all the same! Rented a mama tens last time and it was fantastic, but have been given a Lloyds pharmacy one, so am really hoping it's as good.
Guess I won't find out until labour starts!

alienbanana Mon 22-Apr-13 18:25:25

Madame - has the Lloyds one got 4 pads?

Liveinthepresent Mon 22-Apr-13 18:41:44

Thanks all am tempted to go back to same people now as am thinking I dont want to take any chances of variation and for sheer superstition reasons!!
Congratulations Faith have seen you on Conception and pregnancy along the way - hope you are enjoying your new born.

HadALittleFaithBaby Mon 22-Apr-13 19:18:28

Thanks Live! Yes after 2 1/2 years TTC I now have my baby smile first week was pretty scary/intense (she was low birth weight) but we're home now and she's doing beautifully! Totally worth it!

HPsauceonbaconbuttiesmmm Mon 22-Apr-13 19:21:18

I used a boots one last time (borrowed) and have been starting to use an elle tens this time. Have to say the elle tens is much better- stronger pulses, more variability and the boost is better.

Don't think it matters too much so long as there is a boost, it's a pregnancy one and you get really good pads for stickability.

madamecake Mon 22-Apr-13 20:40:53

Hi alien, yes it does have 4 pads. I think lloyds stopped making it last year though, so I had to hunt out some replacement ones on ebay.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now