Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I'll do anything to get this baby out... but I won't do that!

(4 Posts)
phantomhairpuller Mon 22-Apr-13 12:05:35

Seriously, HELP!! I'm 39+1 and am really struggling hmm growth scans have shown baby to be on the larger side of healthy wink couple that with the fact that my fluid levels are on 95th centile, and you've got a very unhappy me! So far I've tried pineapple by the bucket load and loads of walking. Am planning hot curry for dinner! Is there anything that works?! DH is all up for dtd to see if that works grin but I really can't think of anything worse atm! Poor chap says he's happy to 'do it anyway!'
Anyone got any words of wisdom to help me regain my sanity?!

CityDweller Mon 22-Apr-13 12:43:33

This is a particularly crazy-making time, so you have my sympathies. I think babies probably only come when they're ready. I finally went into labour at 4o+13 and delivered at 42 wks. In those miserable last two weeks I had: acupuncture, sex, three sweeps, stayed active (swimming, walking) and started taking evening primrose oil. Who knows if it was any of those that got labour going or if it would have happened anyway...instinctively, if I had to say it was anything I'd say it was the sex/ sweep combo.

diamondee Mon 22-Apr-13 12:50:04

A reflexology appointment? Worked with me, (two out of three anyway)

BotBotticelli Mon 22-Apr-13 20:55:56

I am sure that walking up an down the stairs in.m my block of flats at 40+5 is what eventually sent me into labour!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now