Talk

Advanced search

4th sweep or just leave it?

(4 Posts)
philbee Fri 19-Apr-13 15:20:07

Have just had my third sweep, am 41wks today. Mw said I could come in for a 4th on Mon if I wanted before being induced on Wed. I'm not sure I can face it really, it means arranging childcare again, travelling to hospital etc. Would a 4th really do anything if the previous 3 haven't? Wwyd?

amazingmumof6 Fri 19-Apr-13 16:55:55

if your waters have not broken yet have sex asap, today, tomorrow - the sperm can really help dilating the cervix - worked for us with DS3, DS5 and DD!!!
I'm not kidding!

and YES, absolutely go for 4th sweep even 5th, I would! as my DS4 was a C-section my choices with 5th and 6th babies were either to go into labour naturally or have another ELCS, they would not have induced me, so yes, I was prepared to have a sweep daily to avoid another C-section!

and eat things that stimulate bowel movements (but not so much you have diahorrea!), prunes worked for me.

hope this helps and good luck!

BuntyCollocks Sun 21-Apr-13 20:21:17

I had a forth sweep the day before my due date with dd. didn't think it had done much ... Went into labour at 3am on my due date!

sureleynot Mon 22-Apr-13 04:58:46

Will they give you a sweep if you had a show? I had one last week at 40+4 and a show 24 hours later, been having sex regularly but still haven't started! Mw told me she wouldn't do another, but I will request another if they would do it!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now