Talk

Advanced search

Anyone around? Should I be asking DH not to go to work tmrw? Labour? No idea!

(13 Posts)
Thingiebob Thu 18-Apr-13 01:51:48

Have had a few pains yesterday which seemed more intense than the constant BH I have had so far. I have woken now with pressure in bum, lower back pain and aching tingly thighs. I've been for a wee and had some pink tinged discharge.

I am 38 wks today with second child and DH works about 40 mins away from home and Hospital is 40 mins in other direction from me so it will be an hour and twenty mins trip to get home and get me to hospital as well as sort out child care.

Was induced last time so no real idea what to expect. Should I ask him to work from home today or panicking unnecessarily?

AndFanjoWasHisNameO Thu 18-Apr-13 02:08:23

Hi Thingie smile
I'm at same stage as you - can only say if I were having those symptoms then I'd ask him to give work a miss. Presumably they're semi expecting him to ring in at some point soon anyway. Sort your little one out and relax as much as you can.
I'm having wicked BH and DH is on nights.....over an hour away. I'm on my own with the DCs <sticks fingers in ears and refuses to pop into labour> good luck whatever you decide x

DHPWontSolveMuch Thu 18-Apr-13 03:07:27

You have a few hours yet before you have to decide, and things will have moved on by then!

If he can work from home though, that sounds like a good idea.

FWIW I couldn't tell the difference between BH and real contractions either time, until waters broke with DD1, and about 8hrs had passed with DD2....

MasterOfTheYoniverse Thu 18-Apr-13 03:26:56

Sounds like your plug is going! Am sure things will have evolved enough by the morning for you to be able to make a decision.

With DC1 lost waters but no real contractions until they shot in the oxytocin 5h later.

With DC2 felt exactly like you for about 8h. No waters, no plug but when contractions stated it was a clear pattern of pain every 15mn.
DD was born 3h later ( they had to do a sweep)

Hope you can get some sleep.
X

Thingiebob Thu 18-Apr-13 08:31:49

Thank you everyone. Nothing futher had happened apart from persistent
grinding backache and cramps, but this maybe due to the baby obviously dropping lower as my thighs are killing me!

I sent DH off to work in the end.

AndFanjoWasHisNameO Thu 18-Apr-13 08:52:53

Oh good, try and take it easy (ha) this morning , keep us posted smile

Thingiebob Sat 20-Apr-13 00:02:48

In the last hour I have increased discharge and have been getting these pains again roughly every seven mins. They are more regular but are not particularly painful and not getting any stronger.

I am quite far from hospital and this is my second child. At what point do I go in? Feel fine apart from this cramping in back and abdomen. It's not just regularity is it, but also strength?

JaquelineHyde Sat 20-Apr-13 00:09:57

If the pains continue to be 7 mins apart or get any closer together regardless of strength I would be giving the delivery suite a quick call and asking their advice.

Good luck I'm 40+1 and have no signs of anything so far!

LeChatRouge Sat 20-Apr-13 00:14:04

I would ring the unit, have a quick chat and get in the bath.

Hope it goes really well, how exciting!

butterflybuns Sat 20-Apr-13 03:31:36

Hi thingiebob, how's it going? Hope you're reasonably comfortable. I'm getting reasonably strong contractions every 10 mins or so for last 2 hours. DH says to me that I should sleep.... Right. Not hugely possible right now. Hope they don't all stop. Good luck anyway and let's hope it's our babies birthdays today.

Thingiebob Sat 20-Apr-13 09:26:00

Thanks everyone.

All seems to have stopped now!

Hope mini butterfly buns is well on their way!

butterflybuns Sat 20-Apr-13 17:58:02

Hows it going? Any more signs? baby buns came this morning all safe and sound thanks, just need to stay overnight due to monitoring for strep b. Good luck whenever it happens!

Thingiebob Sat 20-Apr-13 22:08:57

Nothing happening here yet, but MASSIVE CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now