Talk

Advanced search

Feeble hope re earlier second birth!

(9 Posts)
StiffyByng Sun 14-Apr-13 19:34:37

I'm 36+2 with number two. I went to 42 weeks exactly with my first. I'm feeling quite comfortable at the moment and am phlegmatic about probably going post-dates a second time, but would love not to, particularly as I have GD and can't wait to eat normally.

This time round I've had lots of BHs and mild period pain, in a way I didn't until after 41 weeks last time. It just struck me that I'm still BFing my toddler and that nipple stimulation can actually sometimes bring on labour. Does anyone have experience of this happening? She is very clingy right now and probably managing at least two hours a day on the breast.

HPsauceonbaconbuttiesmmm Sun 14-Apr-13 19:46:28

I went to 40+13 with dc1 following BH from 26 weeks. Escaped induction by 12 hours.

BH started at 16 weeks this time, and for the last 3 weeks I've been getting erratic contractions, strong enough to wake me at night, but only 2-3 at a time, not amounting to anything. Also had 2 shows in the last fortnight and 4/5 engaged. Mw has thought labour's been imminent for weeks

I'm 40+2. Sorry. They come when they're ready and I think some of us just gestate longer than others!

jumpinghoops Mon 15-Apr-13 09:43:15

HP- are you me?! Also due on 12th and now 40+3, also had a 4/5 engaged head for a few weeks, having erratic contractions, lots of show etc. I went to 40+11 last time, here's hoping for both of us that we don't have to wait too long and labours are nice and speedy!

HPsauceonbaconbuttiesmmm Mon 15-Apr-13 10:49:26

Will keep my fingers crossed for you too jumping, today would be great, wouldnt it!!

StiffyByng Mon 15-Apr-13 15:41:56

Good luck both of you. I'd take 40+11 over 40+14 as a great improvement!

bigkidsdidit Mon 15-Apr-13 15:50:06

DS was born at 40+15 and I fantastise now about a birth at 37 weeks this time. How fabulous would that be! I am currently 33 weeks and fed up!

No idea how the stats play out though, and no one else seems to have a clue either.

ISpyPlumPie Mon 15-Apr-13 16:24:06

DS1 was born at 40+13. I was so convinced that DS2 would be late too that I delayed starting ml until my last working day before EDD. Was therefore quite surprised when he arrived at 39+4 almost exactly 12 hours after I left the office!

Good luck smile.

5madthings Mon 15-Apr-13 16:33:36

Sorry to say i went to term plus two weeks (and longer) with all five and for two of those pregnancies i was bfeeding a toddler, ds2 fed loads and i had loads of braxton hicks etc but ds3 was still 18 days late.

Ditto when i had ds4 two weeks late despute me still bfeeding ds3. I think if you are going to go into labour anyway the nipple stimulation thing may help but it wont make you go into labour any earlier than you would do naturally.

StiffyByng Thu 18-Apr-13 19:19:29

Oh, 5madthings. You make me sad. wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now