Talk

Advanced search

unusually active baby, dull lower back ache and vice clamping headaches

(8 Posts)
sianilovesbeingamummy Sat 13-Apr-13 13:22:25

i am 36weeks today, my pregnancy was ony dated at 18weeks as i had no idea i was pregnant!!!!! i am due to have a section 7th May but this could be brought early due to bubs measuring small for dates, she is only 31cm at 36weeks....... scan next week to determine if she is still growing or if she has stoppped, fundal measurements are suggesting she has now stopped growing.........

On Wednesday i had a really down day and just felt like a sack of spuds, i couldn't move of the chair through sheer exhaustion, i never felt anything like this with my first pregnancy.... yesterday my little lad went out with my sister for a couple of hours so i had anice hot bath as i hadn't really felt much movement from bubs..... today is a different story, since 4.30am bubs has not stopped wriggling........ literally not taken a break for the past 9hrs......

As i mentioned earlier i have a dull ache in the lower part of my back and my head feels as though it is trapped in a vice and someone is constantly tightening the clamp...... i have been having headaches constantly for the past 2weeks now but as bp is fine and no swellings no-one medical seems to be worried about them..... i don't want to be takig paracetamol constantly but midwife, consultant and community midwife doesn't seem to fussed about the amount i take as long as it isn't more than the recommended daily dose.......

could this mean that bubs is about to surprise me and come early, as i said, i was only dated at 18 weeks so in theory i could either be 36 weeks, 40 weeks or 32weeks, latter hopefully not.........

Anyone else experiencing the same or been in this position?

Themobstersknife Sat 13-Apr-13 13:26:41

Get yourself to day assessment or ring labour ward. As I understand, any change in movements should be checked out. In all likelihood, your baby is fine, but sometimes increased movements can signal distress. You are clearly worried so get yourself checked out for peace of mind. Hope all is ok.

duchesse Sat 13-Apr-13 13:57:14

I second getting checked out TODAY, especially if you're also having headaches. Good luck!

Shagmundfreud Sat 13-Apr-13 15:28:16

OP - have you phoned hospital/midwife?

You need to do it today. Like, now.

elizaregina Sat 13-Apr-13 18:42:25

op hopefully you have got it checked out by now, i was straight into my ward for reduced movement, they also told me any difference in movement can be a sign of something.

sianilovesbeingamummy Sat 13-Apr-13 22:35:37

i made a few phone calls but no one seem worried and apparantly no need for me to be monitored for baby being more active...... as i have had bloods taken 2 weeks ago for my headaches with no abnormalities showing, correct bp rate, no swellings there is no worry about the headaches, not pre-eclampsia anyhow...... will be asking about them again when i go for my scan and day unit monitoring hopefully on Monday, just to be on the safe side if anything..... they are just so unbearable at times, make me very dizzy and i really want to cry through the pain..... obviously with a lively 17mth old i cannot just shut myself away and hope they pass, i still have to carry on with the day as best i can for him..... bubs did actually have a rest for a few hours this afternoon and is just fluttering about now..... she has turned into more of a night time mover....... i am craving really sweet drinks these past few days and strong ribena will only do so maybe i have had a little too much and the sugar has made her a little more active than normal, could thid be the case? i know this isn't the case for the headaches though as they have been constant for 2weeksnow and haven't let up what so ever, i tried increasing food thinking maybe it was lack of food but nothing seems to shift them, not even paracetamol and i do not want to be taking anything stronger so late in pregnancy xx

Themobstersknife Sun 14-Apr-13 09:51:59

Who did you call? I am very surprised at the response you got. I don't have any experience of what is happening with you but it just doesn't sound right to me. I would definitely be going straight to assessment in the morning, but if your headache progresses, I would present myself at the labour ward if I was you. Wonder if there are any midwifes or doctors around on mumsnet who might be able to help? Really hope all is ok.

sianilovesbeingamummy Sun 14-Apr-13 17:51:21

my midwife and the actual hospital itself but they just said all would be ok....... i think as i have had my bllods taken and nothing has shown p on these they don't seem to have a big worry about why i am having headaches....... if paracetamol would just shift it i would be ok but now i dont even see the point in takng them with them not actually working...... will be going into the hospital tomorrow anyway so even if they dont have an appointment slot for me for my scan i will insist that they do some monitoring x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now