Talk

Advanced search

Not sure if my waters have broken...

(6 Posts)
glossyflower Wed 27-Mar-13 09:53:50

I'm 36 + 2 and yesterday was just walking around generally tidying when I dribbled a little bit of what I thought was wee. I assumed it was wee as I needed one, but the only time I dribbled wee before was if I coughed or sneezed.
I didn't think anything of it.
Then last night painting my doors when I felt a small trickle. I didn't feel like it was wee, and the small amount of fluid that came out was clear. I did have a whiff but couldn't smell anything (sorry!).
I went to the loo, had a wee and put clean pants and pad and now laying down to see what happens.
I don't know if it is my waters or not. It was such a small amount and it feels damp down there now but the pad is dry.
Been having odd twinges like period pains for a couple of days nothing regular though.
I decided to rest in bed and then had a strong pain like a contraction (first pg so don't really know!) nothing like the Braxton hicks I had before. It was like intense period pain, for about 20 secs then had a continuous mild dull ache low down and in my back.
No strong pains since.
No more leakage on the pad since but it feels damp down there.
I can still feel baby moving.
What do you ladies think as I have no idea!

mistressploppy Wed 27-Mar-13 09:56:12

This is exactly what happened to me with DS1, but things moved quite fast and he was out a couple of hours later! I was 36 + 1.

I'd give your midwife a ring and ask her what she thinks.

monkeyfacegrace Wed 27-Mar-13 09:57:47

You would smell it if it was waters.

They stink of a mixture of spunk, bleach, and discharge.

Wear a pad, if it goes green/pink/brown, call the midwife.

glossyflower Wed 27-Mar-13 10:20:35

Just spoke to the midwife who said it may be a urinary tract infection but to call back if the pain worsens.

monkeyfacegrace Wed 27-Mar-13 10:30:11

A UTI can put you into prem labour (first hand experience lol!), so get to the DR with a urine sample. A quick dip test will give you an answer.

Pinkflipflop Wed 27-Mar-13 13:37:58

When my waters broke there was no smell! It was totally clear and just an incessant dribble! It feels very bizarre!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now