Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

advice year and a half after fourth degree tear

(5 Posts)
aimzbub22 Mon 25-Mar-13 15:37:28

Just had a question to ask, recently I have noticed that on inside of me there is little lumps roughly where I tore, I had a really bad tear and I know on the first day out of hospital, I fell on my bum but ignored it, everything remained fine, I didn't break my stitches or anything so I left it to it. I have been to the doctors and my doctor has checked and isn't too concerned but I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced these lumps with having a severe tear.

Any advice would be great

X

CityDweller Tue 26-Mar-13 14:29:34

Might the lumps merely be scar tissue from where the tear/ stitches were? Normal part of healing. Often/ usually goes away eventually...

cravingcake Tue 26-Mar-13 19:23:44

Hi, i had a 4 th degree tear 17months ago. It sounds very similar to what i have, which is a little bit of overgrowth of the scar tissue. Mine has become so painful i'm considerig further surgery to remove this.. However if it doesnt hurt or bother you on a regular basis i would say not to worry about having surgery to fix it. It does sound normal to have this from what i understand.

madamecake Wed 27-Mar-13 07:44:01

I had a third degree tear 15 months ago and have a lump from the scar tissue. I was warned about this by the consultant and agree with another poster that it's nothing to worry about it unless it's painful.

twinklesparkles Fri 29-Mar-13 23:06:02

Same here

Also have a lump (although just kinda feels like a really raised scar), still there after almost 6 years

Unless you are having any pain/problems I'm sure its just normal smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now