Talk

Advanced search

Alice Roberts' article today on evidence based childbirth (HB/MLU/hospital)

(261 Posts)
VinegarDrinker Sun 10-Mar-13 13:30:55

Not sure if this has been discussed elsewhere?

m.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2013/mar/10/alice-roberts-on-science-childbirth-risks

Seems a fairly balanced article to me, but I am an evil patriarchal obstetrician.

LaVolcan Wed 13-Mar-13 16:49:49

'In terms of the study' is a key phrase here. It doesn't mean it wasn't important in itself, just that they have to draw a line somewhere, otherwise they would still probably be collecting and analysing data now.

Chunderella Wed 13-Mar-13 17:48:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

jchocchip Wed 13-Mar-13 19:46:48

Please can you stop being so mean Chunderella? Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they are wrong.

Chunderella Wed 13-Mar-13 20:22:35

Shagmundfreud Wed 13-Mar-13 20:22:44

Chunderella doesn't bother me - she's on a hiding to make a massive beef out of fuck all.

Every proposed h/b for a low risk mum needs to be assessed in light of her specific circumstance, which will include whether she is subject to dV.

What more needs to be said?

Chunderella Wed 13-Mar-13 20:28:21

Shagmundfreud Wed 13-Mar-13 20:40:02

Chunderella - a woman at home will probably spend fewer hours labouring without a health professional present than the equivalent mother in hospital.

If DV is an issue to the point where the mother is not safe to labour in the presence of the partner then I'd say that birth setting is probably the least important issue.

jchocchip Wed 13-Mar-13 20:48:49

Its what you said about posts of total fail that I thought was mean. I thought mumsnet was a supportive place where people encouraged each other. Not belittling what others have to say if their opinions are not exactly what you sanction.

Chunderella Wed 13-Mar-13 21:08:49

jchocchip Wed 13-Mar-13 22:40:34

Hang about I don't object to your ideas. Just the putting down of other people's.

Chunderella Thu 14-Mar-13 19:21:40

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: