Talk

Advanced search

6 week check post section - what did yours entail?

(9 Posts)
elizaregina Wed 19-Dec-12 23:04:03

Just interested as mine was" how do you feel in yourself" ....that was it!

Are there any other checks people had? Inspection of scar - any other tests?

Thanks

QTPie Wed 19-Dec-12 23:11:59

My tummy was palpatted (sp?) to check that the uterus was shrinking back ok. Scar was checked. I also remember a brief internal (can't remember the reason - checking the position of something...).

Worley Wed 19-Dec-12 23:20:56

with ds1 I had the palpated abdomen.. internal check and how was I doing. with ds2 I had tummy palpated and asked how I was.. I was only wondering about this the other day. why one GP did internal and the other didn't..

HappyAsASandboy Wed 19-Dec-12 23:31:12

I was just asked how I was and whether I had any concerns about the scar healing. I was fine, and had no concerns, so he didn't look at the scar or any other part of me!

It was quite a thorough examination for my babies though smile

RhubarbCrumbled Thu 20-Dec-12 11:15:36

They asked if I felt ok then went on and on and on about contraception and how I HAD to have the pill or coil. No physical exam at all.

MrsAmaretto Thu 20-Dec-12 16:42:14

Mine was like yours Eliza, pointless.

Charleymouse Thu 20-Dec-12 16:45:15

My the 6 week check after an emergency CS consisted of thorough check for baby and I was informed if I wanted checking I should make an appointment of my own. Sigh.

louise2011 Thu 20-Dec-12 16:47:14

How are you? What contraception are you using. 3 sections & no internal examinations at allgrin

elizaregina Thu 20-Dec-12 16:50:05

If thats all the checks are for some of us - why the insurance sign off etc?

Its just because its generally said - 6 weeks and you can drive ....after GP has " signed you off" I thought it would be quite a rigourus check......

If thats all the GP does for some of us seems like a total waste of time - EXCEPT of course for babies check! ( which he seemed reasonable thorough with).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now