Talk

Advanced search

Vomiting

(8 Posts)
wkmmum Mon 26-Nov-12 01:10:04

I've heard that vomiting can be a sign of being about to go into labour. But how do I know if that's what it is or whether it's a bug?

Have had morning sickness right throughout this pregnancy but this morning I was suddenly really sick (no warning at all) which was different from my normal morning sickness. Was fine all day then started feeling sick again. About half an hour ago I was really, really sick again (although had plenty of warning this time).

I know there's a bug going round but afaik I haven't been in contact with it. So could thus be a sign things are starting? I've had lots of 'period pain' and tightenings over the last few days but less so today. Or am I clutching at straws and reading too much in to everything? Am 40+3 so desperate for things to start now xx

Ellie092 Mon 26-Nov-12 07:06:42

I've heard being sick could be a sign of going into labour, it's suppose to be your body emptying itself and getting ready for birth but I could be completely wrong it's only what I've heard!

Get a ball I bought one when I was 37 weeks to help baby move down and within that week some of my waters broke I was convinced it was that ball!! Good luck and congrats xx

ThreeWheelsGood Mon 26-Nov-12 07:25:21

For me it was, followed by diarrhoea. I went to hospital to get monitored just in case and was 1 cm dilated. Then followed 5 days of latent stage of labour!

Pancakeflipper Mon 26-Nov-12 07:30:32

I vomited and had an explosive bottom with DS1. Lasted a couple of hours. Then had some pain. Had a bath. Started bleeding so went to hospital and thankfully didn't have ThreeWheels 5 day latent labour. 2 hrs later had a baby.

whatsoever Mon 26-Nov-12 09:41:38

No vomiting for me but did have diarrhoea in early labour - but that could have been the hot curry I'd had in the evening to try & speed things along!

InNeedOfBrandy Mon 26-Nov-12 09:44:36

I felt sick and had diarrhoea both times one the day before my waters broke at 6AM, and 2nd was the same all day and went into labour that evening. I remember thinking both times thank fuck I won't poo myself theres none left.grin

wkmmum Mon 26-Nov-12 09:55:33

Thanks all. I've been up twice more in the night throwing up and have just been sick again. Starting to think this is a bug.

It's times like this I hate being on my own. All I want is a bit of tlc but can't even ask anyone to come round in case I'm infectious sad

Hormonalhell Mon 26-Nov-12 16:02:12

Hope u ok and things get going soon smile

Good luck!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now