Talk

Advanced search

Just had a baby..need advice please on baths/''down there''

(7 Posts)
Paddocks1 Tue 20-Nov-12 12:00:17

I had my lovely little boy on Sunday after a very quick natural birth. Luckily no tearing but just a couple of grazes, which sting slightly. Is it too soon to use any kind of wash when I'm in the shower or anything I can put in the bath just to ease the pain and feel a little better. May have posted in the wrong section but I'm still delusional...smile

Jingleflobba Tue 20-Nov-12 12:46:11

I used a handful of seasalt and a few drops of lavender oil for the first bath. Don't make the water too hot either, for a start it could still make you dizzy and I found it more soothing if the water was just warm enough. Linger for as long as you can!

minicc Tue 20-Nov-12 12:48:01

Lavender or tea tree oil, and have someone around just in case. I had a shower the morning after used some tea tree wash and it was fine. Congrats!

CrackleMauve Tue 20-Nov-12 13:25:51

Salt and lavender oil will see you healing before you know it. If you put the lavender oil in a teaspoon of milk it apparently disperses in the water better. Congratulations on your boy!

ICompletelyKnowAboutGuineaPigs Tue 20-Nov-12 16:45:52

Nelsons do arnica bath oil which is great for healing, otherwise I agree with the sea salt. definitely have a cooler bath than you normally would. When I had DS I had a standard temp (for me this is usually quite hot but not so hot it hurts to yet in!). I felt fine in the bath but passed out when I stood up to get out - luckily someone was there to scoop me out otherwise it makes e shudder to think what could have happened.

Congrats btw, lovely news on the arrival of your DS.

cupcake78 Tue 20-Nov-12 18:35:16

I also did the salt and lavender thing and healed up nicely in a few weeks.

I also found the baths very soothing and helped with the slight itching I got from healing.

Enjoy your bath timesgrin

cupcake78 Tue 20-Nov-12 18:36:44

I would also advice some witch hazel on a maternity pad for during the day to help abit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now