Talk

Advanced search

No time for labour?

(5 Posts)
jenbird Tue 20-Nov-12 06:21:23

Am 40 weeks today with dc4 (others 7,4,2). My dh leaves for work at 07 00 and then it's pretty much full on until we sit down about nine thirty in the evening. I am worried my body just won't have time to relax and go into labour. I know it's stupid as I will be having a baby v soon but the thought of it being another 2 weeks horrifies me.
Did anyone else feel like this? Did your labours start at night? Thanks

twolittlebundles Tue 20-Nov-12 07:39:09

I had a very similar situation when I was due with DD2. I had latent labour most of the day, then it actually kicked off when I was able to relax (after DD1 was in bed).

I think I really needed to be able to concentrate on the labour, so wasn't too surprised when it picked up as soon as I had time to focus.

crunchingautumnleaves Tue 20-Nov-12 08:34:42

Women tend to labour & give birth at night. But, this is even more the case in those already with children. It's also not uncommon for those with other children to have their labour slow down/stall during the day and then suddenly ramp up a gear when their children are asleep again. Don't worry, it'll happen when it happens.

Brockle Tue 20-Nov-12 09:13:03

Exactly what I'm thinking Jen . It seemed to start yesterday when kids were at school but slow down and stop when they came back. DS2 ill last night and off today so think that will be it for a few days. Due date today so shouldn't complain but he has been threatening to come all last week!

VisualiseAHorse Tue 20-Nov-12 16:14:01

Can you hand the kids over to grandparents/friends for a few hours over the weekend so you can relax a little?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now