Talk

Advanced search

What could this be? (Tmi)

(5 Posts)
SpinningCogs Mon 19-Nov-12 17:57:39

DC2 is 5 weeks old. However, I've been getting some bright red bleeding, at least for the last week, and am not absolutely certain there ever hasn't been some red (but mainly brown by now). Not much, and no pain or clots, but I don't believe this is right at this stage. I've got an appointment to see my GP but I guess I'd like to know what it could be. Could it be some retained placenta if my milk came in and am EBF? I had 'ragged' membranes- could it be anything to do with that? Thanks.

FannyFifer Mon 19-Nov-12 18:01:06

5 weeks after birth is pretty normal to still be bleeding, as long as not foul odour, loads of clots or totally flooding I wouldn't worry to much. smile

SpinningCogs Mon 19-Nov-12 18:17:13

Thanks, that's the kind of answer I was hoping for. I was still bleeding for longer than this with DC1, so am not worried about that by itself, but I thought it shouldn't be bright red by now? Am I going to be wasting the GP's time....?

FannyFifer Mon 19-Nov-12 20:14:29

I found if I had overdone it a bit, there was more red blood.
Went from the darker blood to fresh looking a few times.
Maybe speak to health visitor instead of GP?

Jakeyblueblue Mon 19-Nov-12 21:26:09

I was still bleeding red blood at 5 weeks, it started to ease off shortly after. I also dtd for the first time at 8 weeks and had bright red blood then too. Dr said it was totally normal smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now