Talk

Advanced search

Just got my ELCS date :)

(4 Posts)
lauraloo09 Thu 08-Nov-12 20:47:24

Got my ELCS date today and my baby will be born on 27th November can't believe in 2.5 weeks baby will be here smile really nervous now about hospital bag in case I have missed anything anyone advise what I should take with me? Was in hospital for 4 days after emcs last time will I be in for as long as 4 days this time around?

mameulah Thu 08-Nov-12 23:29:34

Our baby isn't due until Sunday so I can't comment on hospital bags or length of stay but all the best for 27th November. How exciting!

bellabelly Thu 08-Nov-12 23:36:48

I've had 2 elcs and mine were really positive experiences. I only stayed in for 2 nights each time. Have never had an emcs but from what I hear it's a very different thing from elective.

Things I was advised to take - arnica pills to help with heaing. Not sure if these did any good but I took them anyway! An extra pillow to clutch against my tummy if I needed to cough/sneeze/laugh etc. Very comfy big knickers that wouldn't rub against the scar. Wind-eze as apparently c-sections can cause lots of wind - never found this to be the case but best to be prepared! Otherwise, just all the same stuff you'd need for any birth. Good luck with it all, very exciting!

1944girl Fri 09-Nov-12 00:03:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now