Talk

Advanced search

Counseling?

(4 Posts)
xmasevebundle Wed 07-Nov-12 20:48:17

Went to see my consultant yesterday, about having a c-section.

I just dont want a VB, not going to give the reasons i will be here for hours grin

This is my first and only.

She said go with an open mind and see what they say? If you feel the same way in 4 weeks you can have one.

I did stress to her that i wont be and this is what i want but still wants me to go?

I will go but i think its just a waste of time and other peoples time. I now have to wait until the 4thdec to see her i will 37w.

They do a c-section at 39w!

mmmnoodlesoup Wed 07-Nov-12 21:31:37

Good luck, I hope they agree to a c section. Did you want advice from people who have had them before or?

wheresmespecs Wed 07-Nov-12 22:19:36

I think to be fair your consultant is just offering the standard NICE care 'pathway' for women who request caesarians. And actually, considering the number of hospitals that ignore and flout the guidelines entirely, I'd say that was in your favour!

I had a cs for my 1st (and will be having one for my second) - long story, but it was at my request.

I wasn't exactly sent for counselling, but was sent to see a psychiatrist. It wasn't too bad - she was okay, she ws sympathetic and said she thought counselling or therapy was pointless - or at best, risky - as there are no guarantees and I was pregnant already, as you are OP. So she recommended to the hospital that I have a CS and that was that.

I know you don't want to go, and you may be right and there is no point - but in the interests of 'playing ball', I would at least go to one meeting.

If you can, I would push for an earlier meeting with the consultant. It's all very well this 'we do C sections at 39 weeks' and it is for good reasons - but babies do come early, and I had my C section at 37+5 after my waters broke prematurely. It was all fine and baby was healthy, but I had my cs agreed and in the diary a LONG time beforehand....

xmasevebundle Thu 08-Nov-12 01:03:22

Yes i would love to hear other stories about elec and how they went.

She was very nice, i did have mini breakdown shaking and sobbing.

The main fear is him dying during labour, i have serious knightmares wake up sweating and its played on my mind since 20w.

She offered to put me on 'happy pills or sleeping pills' i point blanked refused. I dont even take anything if i have a headache!

I see the MW next week and ask if it could be done a little sooner. I told the consultant i haven't slept for 3 days due to the worry, she said i looked ill. I thought no, stress. Blood pressure was high and i have lost weight.

She said i will have one if i feel the same way, she nos about the pregnancy and how i worry due to notes but is making me wait another 4 weeks. I am getting worked up about it now sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now