Talk

Advanced search

I think I am at the very beginning stages of labour, should I...

(9 Posts)
mameulah Mon 05-Nov-12 23:45:11

...take a few raspberry tablets to help it on its way? Or would I just be confusing the issue?

It feels like the baby is jumping on my bits and pushing down hard, it is really, really active. No show, no cramping, nothing that compares to Braxton Hicks but there is DEFINITELY something different going on. More uncomfortable than sore.

twolittlebundles Tue 06-Nov-12 01:00:24

Raspberry tablets won't hurt- worth a go I say! If you're keen to encourage it, keep upright and moving. Good luck!

mameulah Tue 06-Nov-12 06:41:29

twolittlebundles - Thanks! Took two, went to bed to conserve energy, fell asleep and.......nothing. This is the ultimate in being patient!

twolittlebundles Tue 06-Nov-12 06:53:11

It will happen eventually- I promise!

OneOfMyTurnsComingOn Tue 06-Nov-12 06:54:02

Get walking up and down stairs. Gravity is your friend!

ThatsNotAKnifeThatsASpoon Tue 06-Nov-12 07:00:59

Could be awhile yet- I started feeling like that on the Tuesday, got excited, cramps didn't start until Friday, died off, then baby arrived fairly sharpish on Sunday morning.

Flisspaps Tue 06-Nov-12 07:03:39

Raspberry tablets will do nothing.

You should do nothing. Rest, relax, do something else. If it's labour then it'll happen without you doing anything (probably more likely to, in fact). If it's not labour, you won't have wasted time, effort and RLT capsules trying!

BoysBoysBoysAndMe Tue 06-Nov-12 07:06:06

I've had cramping every ten minutes for hours on Wednesday last week and on Sunday just gone.

Baby still in my tum!!

They come when they're good and ready. I really don't think there's much you can do to help speed things along.

What date are / were you due?

mameulah Tue 06-Nov-12 08:46:22

Am not due until 14th, feels like forever! I have phoned the midwife, apparently all the crazy movements last night were the baby getting into a new position ready for labour. Being patient is so overrated!

Thank you everyone!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now