Talk

Advanced search

Advise please!

(3 Posts)
Lbabyx Fri 02-Nov-12 10:02:38

Hi,

I'm currently 38 weeks and 2 days pregnant and have been vomitting every few days for the past two weeks (I was sick in the first trimester, so bad in fact that I was admitted for dehydration). Anyway, I've also been getting uncomfortable but not painful cramping in lower part of my bump. Last night I had 2 BIG contractions (painful!) within 2 minutes, another 30 mins later, another 20 mins after that and then... Nothing! I also had a really strange brown "show".

Not had any pains this morning or anything to wake me during the night. I don't see the midwife for a week, is it worth making a call to antenatal day unit or should I just wait and see if any more contractions happen? Any advise would be appreciated smile

Rachel130690 Fri 02-Nov-12 10:51:08

I would give them a call, mention the vomiting and contractions. Best to get checked out if your concerned.

NAR4 Fri 02-Nov-12 16:09:10

I hate to say it, but I vomited throughout all my labours, so would want to check I wasn't in early labour if this happened to me. You never know you could be having a fantastic (almost) painfree early start to labour. Always worth ringing the day assessment unit if only to put your mind at rest. No harm in checking.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now