Advanced search

hpw do i complain about a specific midwife at a specific hospital?

(6 Posts)
nscrivener Sat 27-Oct-12 22:17:16

When I had my little boy last month I was treated horrendously by one of the midwives on the ward. I just wondered if anyone knew how to go about making a complaint. I don't want her making other mothers feel as awful as she made me feel.

Flisspaps Sat 27-Oct-12 22:19:36

You can write to the Supervisor of Midwives at the hospital, as well as the hospital's PALS department. I'd write to both.

HeavenlyWineandRoses Sat 27-Oct-12 22:22:42

The hospital will have a Complaints Policy - almost certainly on their website.

nscrivener Sat 27-Oct-12 22:25:32

I will re check the website... I'm probably being blond, thank you!

VivaLeBeaver Sat 27-Oct-12 22:28:05

Just write to the hospital and address the letter to maternity matron or complaints dept. the complaints dept would pass it on to the matron.

Notmyidea Mon 29-Oct-12 08:40:58

write to PALS at the hospital and the sooner the better!
I struggled for months with flashbacks following appalling treatment in labour and when I finally brought myself to complain the offending bitch had already been sacked. I really regret that other mothers had to suffer her.
Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now