Talk

Advanced search

Natal Hypnotherapy- anyone started it really late?

(7 Posts)
ShushBaby Thu 25-Oct-12 15:53:02

I'm 37+4 with dc2 and have just started using the Maggie Howell Natal Hypnotherapy CD today. I quite enjoyed it, though did fall asleep and dribble everywhere, then woke up to her talking about my velvety vagina!

It seems very nice and relaxing, but could it really have a positive effect given that I've started so close to due date?

Ceejayes Thu 25-Oct-12 17:39:58

I started at about 36 wks and although I never thought I'd done it enough, I am convinced that all the practise helped me get throught the 36 hours labour with my first. It doesnt take many sessions to know what you have to do and the more you do the more easily you get it in to it and stay in it. I was going through a lot at the time and I know this helped tremendously even if I didnt get the chance to follow it completely.
Good Luck.

WhoahThereCrazyHorse Mon 29-Oct-12 02:09:35

I started at 36 weeks and also used to fall asleep drooling! Listen to it every day at least once, it definitely helped me.

Sharksandfishes Mon 29-Oct-12 03:07:21

I started at 37 weeks and tried to listen every day. Definitely worked, DH said he could see I was in a totally different "zone" when I laboured with DS2 compared to DS1

AndMiffyWentToSleep Mon 29-Oct-12 04:42:38

I found it helped once the baby had arrived, not just for the birth.
I put it on when the baby was napping and I wanted to sleep but was too wired to fall asleep on my own.
A perfect 40 minute nap!

Hyperballad Mon 29-Oct-12 05:42:30

Every little bit helps! It's never too late!

ShushBaby Tue 30-Oct-12 10:07:19

Thanks for replies. I am listening every day, and I fall asleep every time. But I see this as a good thing as I am not someone who falls asleep easily, especially not in the day. And I found myself almost subconsciously using the relaxation techniques to get back to sleep in between 1-2 hourly wake-ups with an ill toddler last night.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now