Talk

Advanced search

Lochia question

(5 Posts)
Exexe Wed 24-Oct-12 21:20:21

I had dd last Wed by elcs. I thought my bleeding had finished yesterday but I suddenly got period pains and a fresh bout of bleeding. Is this normal?
Its made me really down as I was just about coping with everything now I have more bleeding to contend with. Grrr.

bramblina Wed 24-Oct-12 21:26:19

I had natural births but bled for about 6 wks, mostly while bfing. Not sure if it's comparable to an ELCS but might settle your mind....? It is a PITA but does end sometime, don't worry!

milkmoustache Wed 24-Oct-12 21:31:39

I had both DCs by C-section, DD was an emergency, DS an elective. Lochia went on much longer for DD - which, like you , I resented like crazy! After DS, lochia was pretty light and disappeared faster - my health visitor suggested that with a less frantic/rushed elc, they 'cleaned me out' a bit more thoroughly - who knows?

Exexe Wed 24-Oct-12 21:32:30

Thanks. I've had 2 births before and this hadn't happened so its good to know its normal. I have been bfing constantly this evening.
I was just worried that it would be continuous.

Knowsabitabouteducation Wed 24-Oct-12 21:34:02

If you have new exertion, you will bleed more.

I think three weeks is a typical short lochia. It is more normal to go on for four+ weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now