Talk

Advanced search

Did your baby come early? Was there a reason? Were there any signs before? Did your dh miss the birth? 3rd baby due in 4 wks and I just don't know what to do or think.....

(3 Posts)
bramblina Tue 23-Oct-12 21:14:49

Bit of a pregnancy brain talking here I think, going by the title.

Ds arrived 2 days after due date, had my "show" on due date so was convinced everything was iminent. Al happened perfectly, from warning signs, to getting to hospital (we're an hour and a half away) etc, lovely birth yadda yadda yadda.....

Dd came a day early of my dates, a week early of the hospital dates and consequently dh was in Spain and missed her birth. It was a fine birth, my sister came with me, but it just wasn't the plan, you know?

I am due no3 in 4 weeks, my last baby, I, we, would hate for dh to miss it but he's away from home 4 days a week and of course there's no telling what will happen or when.

I said with both of my babies that I never foresaw myself going overdue, and didn't. I have also thought from very early on with this baby that I don't see myself going full term. Not by much, just, well, coming before it's date.

Does anyone wish to share their early stories, whether you knew it or not, or the mw said no way that would happen? Did your dh miss the birth, could it have been helped? I just want to hear lots about it, I don't know why maybe I just want to know when this baby will arrive but would really like to see if there is any pattern at all. Especially as it's my 3rd. Talking to 2 women last week, one had had 5 babies and all births were different, the other had 2 fine births then a c section with her 3rd.

Somebody just tell me an interesting story???!!

HastaLanugo Wed 24-Oct-12 08:37:48

DD born at 36 weeks, poss due to me having an infection. DH returned from a trip abroad when I was 34.5 weeks and from that point on we agreed we'd act as if baby imminent, so only one beer if he wanted one so he could drive me to hospital etc. I would definitely advise being ready for it to happen from at least 37 weeks if not earlier. DH was allowed home from work (night shift) when I called to say the MWs believed baby would be with us within 12 hours. She came 3 hours outside of that estimate grin.

HastaLanugo Wed 24-Oct-12 08:38:52

WRT signs, diarrhoea on the Monday, odd feeling and bloody show on the Weds, baby on Thurs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now