Talk

Advanced search

Will I go into labour?!

(5 Posts)
waitingimpatiently Tue 23-Oct-12 21:08:19

I am 39 weeks today and I haven't even had a twinge. My baby is measuring about 41 weeks and I've had two sweeps (plus obviously trying all the natural induction methods) but I haven't had one single measly teeny tiny contraction, hardly a cramp.

I was induced at 40+10 with my daughter and it took 65 hours to get her out and I desperately don't want to be induced again. Could there be something wrong with me?

Could I possibly have an oxytocin deficiency which means I won't ever go into labour naturally?? Has anyone else gone into labour naturally without any warning? I'm desperate now, I'm utterly miserable being pregnant. Please help, I need advice.

MummyElk Tue 23-Oct-12 21:23:36

Go and have a bath and try and relax. You still have plenty of time to go into labour naturally, and there are plenty of us on here who've had measurements which turn out to be totally off-kilter... smile
I went into labour quite naturally with dc2 after a long and horrible induction with dc1.
I think you're just in that Totally Fed Up When Will This Ever End stage of pregnancy and you need a good hug and a bath.
And remind me of this in 6 weeks time when I post exactly the same post as yours smile.
You're amazing and yes of course you can do this. Good luck!!

Asmywhimsytakesme Tue 23-Oct-12 21:45:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Shesaysso Tue 23-Oct-12 22:06:22

My first labour sounds similar to yours - induced at 40+13 finally had her 40+16 it was a nightmare. Had no twinges, cramps nothing at all with my second DC but went into labour naturally at 40+11 and she was born 7 hours later - dont despair xx

Chunkychicken Wed 24-Oct-12 08:58:18

Oxytocin is produced by feeling loved and content so have lots of cuddles with people you love and try to have really good sex (although I appreciate you may just not feel up for it...) and see what happens!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now